While working out or running your daily chores, sweating is common. Sweating is the production of fluids secreted by sweats glands found in the skin of mammals.
Sweat is good for the human body
· Sweat glands help in healing wounds.
· Helps us get rid of harmful toxins in the body hence help in detoxification.
· They help in preventing kidney stones.
· Sweating also helps in fight germs among many other benefits.
However sweating is beneficial many people will ask, does sweating more in the gym mean a better work out? Is there really something like sweating for weight loss? When does sweating become dangerous? Or what causes excessive sweating?
What is hyperhidrosis
Excessive sweating is sweating more than required. Its scientific name is hyperhidrosis.
Primary hyperhidrosis is when the nerves that trigger sweat glands become over active and one perspires more than normal. To most people it’s hereditary and there is no need for alarm
Secondary hyperhidrosis occurs when threes a medical condition contributing to it. For example, diabetes, fever, anxiety disorder, HIV/AIDs, Leukemia, Malaria, Gastritis, obesity or Tuberculosis will cause someone to sweat excessively.
You know that you are sweating excessively when your palms and soles are moist, sweat becomes visible on the clothes you wear, when you have discoloration of your clothes around the armpit, when you experience feet odor and when your skin starts cracking or even scaling. Whether the sweating is normal or caused by medical conditions nobody likes saying with that condition for it makes one to be smelly and look untidy too. It even causes self esteem issues in some people. So, how do you curb the excessive sweating? Here are some few tips on how to prevent sweating;
Controlling excessive sweating
· Drink a lot of water. Take at least 8 glasses of water every day.
· Avoid stress at all cost. Stress causes the sweat glands to become hyper active.
· Always wear loose fitting clothes. This is to allow your skin to breathe well and naturally.
· Change your wardrobe to clothes with natural fibers like cotton. Cotton is able to absorb moisture effectively.
· Keep your groin area and armpits shaved. This is to prevent excessive sweating.
· Avoid eating spicy and chemically processed foods. They cause one to sweat excessively and even block the sweat pores. They cause discoloration in clothes. You are what you eat.
· Reduce or avoid consuming cigarettes, alcohol and drugs.
· Avoid taking hot showers and baths.
· Reduce your intake of caffeine.
Besides all these you could still have some home remedies that will help you curb the excessive sweating. They are cheap and inexpensive and need no professional expertise.
Salt and lime mixture-mix some lime juice with a tablespoon of salt and massage it on your hands. It slows down the sweat glands to reduce sweating excessively.
Tomato juice- make sure that you have a glass of tomato juice to stop or get rid of excessive sweating.
Vinegar- mix two tablespoons of natural vinegar and apple cider vinegar and take it thrice each day. This will help reduce the sweating
Potato- slice a potato and rub them under your arms and all areas that sweat profusely.